CS Lewis Quotes

Monday, September 29, 2008

You Really CAN'T Buy Happiness....

As I finished my grocery shopping the other day, the cashier asked me if I wanted some "Happy Points".



Do I want Happy Points!!?? Of course, I do!! Who wouldn't!!



I was sad (note: the opposite of 'happy') to find out that she wasn't peddling 'happiness' at all! Nope....instead, what she was giving out were stamps. Happy stamps, apparently. I haven't figured out how they work yet. There is no 'ON' button, no place to put batteries, no instructions. I don't feel any happier for having gotten my '3 stamps' of happiness. And when I found out that they cost me $10 worth of groceries for each stamp, I was even more disappointed. I guess it's true after all.....you really can't buy happiness. I guess I won't be shopping for THAT at the store anymore! What a rip-off.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Well, you have three happiness stickers more than I do. I guess money does/did buy happiness. ;)

The Family Rasheed said...

You bought happiness for the economy by spending your money!!! That even makes me happy!

Annemarie said...

That is a total rip off. Happy points would just make me mad!