CS Lewis Quotes

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom Not My Own...

Commander William Robert Anderson was the first man to take a submarine 1,830 miles under the Polar Ice Cap of the North Pole from the waters of the Pacific to the waters of the Atlantic. It was an untried and dangerous mission. In his wallet he carried a tattered card with these words:


“I believe I am always divinely guided.

I believe I will always take the right road.

I believe that God will always make a way,

Even when there appears to be no way.”


Wow....how is it that I sometimes have trouble getting through the day and this man took a submarine under the polar ice cap!!! If he could have enough faith to accomplish that task, shouldn't I have enough faith to get through a Tuesday???

5 comments:

Jenna said...

... or a Wednesday? ;)

Good quote!

Liz said...

No, Jenna, I meant Tuesday, yesterday was 'one of those days'....actually, my Wed. is going pretty well! (so far!)

diane said...

Great quote! Thanks for sharing these wise words. Congrats on making it through Tuesday.

The Family Rasheed said...

I think it is so inspiring to hear stories of faith like that. I also think that we all have those moments everyday we just don't realize them or give ourselves enough credit.

MARCIE said...

Liz,where did you find that quote? I remember reading it years ago and being impressed. It sounds kind of Hinckley.