CS Lewis Quotes

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

One Lucky Mom....



When Peter was 7 years old he starred in a commercial for International Paper (the company that Joe was working for at the time.) It was fun, we lived in Memphis at the time, and when we would go to the Redbirds baseball games sometimes they would show the commercial on the big screen and people would see us in the stands and ask Peter for his autograph. He loved the attention, but was also embarrassed by it.


I still like to watch the commercial sometimes. It reminds me of the boy that Peter used to be and I compare him to the young man that he is today and am comforted that he is still a great kid. He is sweet, compassionate, loving and kind. He has a strong testimony and a soft heart. He is a great friend to all who know him, a good brother and a loving uncle.


And I am one lucky mom.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was tooooo cute. Thanks for sharing that. You 'are' a lucky mom. I love Peter too---just like a son!!

diane said...

I didn't know that you live with a celebrity. You are a celebrity mom. That commercial is so cute! I'm glad his stardom didn't go to his head.

The Family Rasheed said...

You are a good mom, not a lucky one! Well, maybe luck plays in there a bit, but truely I think it's because you are such a good mother! Peter is a great kid! I certainly enjoyed him as did my kids!

UtahJenny said...

I had to check out your blog after your book recommendations - very cute. My husband's sister was in a commercial when she was about the same age - you have inspired me to see if we can get our hands on it! How fun - your son looks so nice!

Julia Roberts said...

Thanks for posting that commercial. It was so fun to see. He was so adorable then...well... he is pretty adorable now, too. He's a great young man.