CS Lewis Quotes

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wanted: Advice/Opinions....

My vacuum is really not that old. But it has outlived it's usefulness and HAS TO GO!! That being said, I am now in the market for a new vacuum cleaner. And because I'm too cheap to subscribe to Consumer Reports and too lazy to go to the library to look at Consumer Reports, I am asking my vast readership to give me their (your) input on what kind of vacuum to get.
-
- Keep in mind that I am cheap (see above) so I will not spend hundreds of our hard earned dollars on it, and I truly HATE shopping, so I have to be able to find a new one without too much effort on my part. It must work on carpet, hardwood floors, tile floors, stairs and anything else I might choose to vacuum. I really don't want a bagless (too messy) and it should be easy to move from floor to floor and outside when I want to vacuum the cars, but other than that, I don't have a lot of requirements.
-
- Please send me any and all advice/opinions that you have on this important subject. And if you've read this far into a blog about vacuums I commend you! You are a dedicated blog addict and a good friend. Thank you for your faithfulness. I look forward to your suggestions!

4 comments:

diane said...

I hire out my vaccuming and they bring their own. Just think of all the money I'm saving on vaccums.

diane said...

I would get whatever they have at Costco.

Annemarie said...

I came by to see what ind of advice you got because I'm in the same boat.
I'm surprised Diane teh Diva didn't say something about asking her cleaning lady.
I can get away with saying that being a blood relative and all!

The Family Rasheed said...

i have gone through many a cheap (>$100)vacuum's and I have found that they all stink. I had those Kirby guys come to my door and try to sell me one for $300. I thought no way would I ever do that, but after seeing how good of a job it did and how crappy my cheap one's have been I wish I would have bought it. I have spent already in 6 years well over that $300 on cheap one's and have wasted my money every time. My husband always says you get what you pay for and in terms of vacuums I agree. So, my advice would be don't waste money on a cheap one that you will have to replace in a year or two. Do some research and splurge. Or, better yet go to an actual vacuum store, one that fixes them, and ask them. they would know what the best ones are.