CS Lewis Quotes

Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodbye, Summer.....

Even though my kids have been back in school for a few weeks now, today represents the official end of summer. I guess it's because, among other things, it's the last day that the neighborhood pool is open. So, here is my 'end of summer' tribute:

In June, Laura and Jennie came to visit.....
We played at the park......

And went swimming at the neighborhood pool......














In July, we celebrated our country's independence........bought two new (used) cars.........












babysat turtles while our friends were on vacation.......
And went swimming at the neighborhood pool....

In August, we started school.......












Played in the backyard........


And went swimming at the neighborhood pool......



Special thanks to Sam and Peter for being the best 'pool buddies' ever this summer!! You guys really made the summer fun for Sirius and Sabian. I know that I couldn't have done it without you......THANKS!!

I hope all of you had a great summer, too......I can't wait for next year!!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

What a fun summer synopsis! I guess that I kept Jacob & Mary for myself. I will have to find some fun pictures to share. :)

Annemarie said...

Yea...ready for school to start, NOT ready for Summer to end. Is there a happy medium there???
YES! Have kids go to school in the Summer, too. (just kidding...kind of)

Mary said...

Geez, we did kinda go to the pool alot! And by "we" I mean you and the boys. But it was a lovely summer!

Anonymous said...

Great Memories. You have an awesome family.

diane said...

What cute kids!
My pool is still open. I wish you could come swim.

The Family Rasheed said...

It still looks so hot there and that means summer isn't over yet! Seriously this is quite a cute tribute!!