CS Lewis Quotes

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Words of Wisdom Not My Own.....

When I was looking for help with my 'theme days' one of my friends suggested "Wise Wednesday". My first thought was 'boy, do I have her fooled!'. As I thought about it further, I realized that while I don't have a lot of my own wisdom, I have garnered much from others through the years. So here is a quote that every one of my kids should recognize...one that I quote often and love dearly for it's simple truth:

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our power to do is increased."

I have seen this quote attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson as well as Heber J. Grant. So because I can't verify my source, I'll just say author unknown.

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Great quote! Persistence pays off.

One of my favorite sayings is "It's just the way things are!" - meaning you can't change some things - like stupid people cutting in line at Lagoon all day.

The Family Rasheed said...

see this is very wise. i love it!