CS Lewis Quotes

Friday, July 25, 2008

Just an Ordinary Day.....

With as busy as things have been around here....Joe out of work for two months, scout camp, youth conference & various other summer stuff, along with a massive headache that lasted from Monday afternoon until Wednesday night (when Joe gave me a blessing so I'd be able to go to my Scout Committee Meeting) it's been a while since I've had just an ordinary day.

Yesterday was just an ordinary day. Up at 6:15, Family Prayer at 6:30, morning routines, 3 - 4 loads of laundry, check e-mail & blogs, some grocery shopping, pick up a few school supplies (Walgreen's had a great sale!), watch Christopher (a little boy I babysit), help Sam and Peter with some summer school work, straighten up the house, take Sirius & Sabian to the pool, evening routines, in bed by 10:30. Yep, just an ordinary day.

Did I mention how grateful I am? For ordinary days.

6 comments:

Jenna said...

So jealous! Ungrateful snot that I am , I am tired of vacation & ready for an ordinary day.

I am glad your headache went away.

Mary said...

Yay for ordinary days!

diane said...

I wish for boring days. I'm not one for drama but it seems to follow me in the form of health issues. The ordinary can be extraordinary! I think we forget how blessed we are til chaos ensues. Thanks for helping us remember.

Annemarie said...

I LOVE ordinary days, but forget that until we have an unordinary day. It's always a great reminder. Your ordinary day was a busy one!!

Anonymous said...

I think that your ordinary day is way too much work! You need a much less ordinary day.
luv you

The Family Rasheed said...

wow, I would find your ordinary day overwhelming. I could never be awake at 6:15 unless I had somewhere to be outside of the house.