CS Lewis Quotes

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Week One and the 'Honey-Do' List.....

We've (I've) survived week one of Joe's unemployment. I have to say that the yard is starting to look pretty good! And while I am envisioning having the ultimate 'summer of the honey-do list', Sam, Peter and Mary are ready for their Dad to get a job!
Mary is used to having the computer to herself. Oh, I get on here and there for 5-10 minutes at a time to check e-mail, see if my books have come in at the library, or 'blog', but most of the time the computer is hers. She blogs, twitters, chats, surfs, e-mails, IM's, etc., and having Dad home all day is really cutting into her computer time. Now Joe is on, checking e-mail, sending out resumes, catching up on the news, searching job sites. Poor Mary is going through 'computer withdrawal'.
As for Sam and Peter...well, let's just say that they feel like they've just finished a week of 'Saturdays'. They've done more yard work this week than they have in the last two months. Usually, yard work is reserved for Saturdays, when Dad is home. With Joe home full-time, every day is Saturday. The boys have mowed, raked, spread pine straw, burned wood, cut wood, stacked wood and dis-assembled the trampoline. (It got a hole in it after the boys decided it would be fun to put a lawn chair on it, have Peter sit on it, and see how high they could bounce him. It was fun until the leg of the chair broke off and the jagged edge ripped through the fabric!)
So while I look forward to a productive summer with Joe painting, cleaning, and finishing long-forgotten projects, the kids are really hoping that he goes back to work soon!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Wow - unemployment is the pits but we could sure use a day or two of Scott cracking the (figurative) whip.

Mary can come hang out on my computer one day if she wants. I have two & can share. :)

Jenna said...

I didn't realize that laundry could ever be caught up. Happy for you though, truly.

Mary can come hang out with me & play with one of my computers (at my house). We can chat back & forth on the computer. Cool that your yard is looking good. I am thinking that we need some serious yard help. My big boys will be gone & it's just too dang hot so we'll let it go one more week.

Trampoline? Our net is falling in around the boys. The wind keeps tearing it. Oops.

Anonymous said...

Unemployment sounds great!! My advice is enjoy it. It won't last forever.

Anonymous said...

It's all fun and games until someone pokes a trampoline out...