CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dare I Say It?

I am probably dooming myself to eternal misery by saying this, but.....today has been a really good day!

I'm always suspicious of good days. They are so random and sporadic. I don't really trust them. I know that it's only lunchtime, which leaves endless hours for things to go wrong, but today, I think I could handle it.

Don't tell me that it must be that good night's sleep I had. I didn't get to bed until after 11 and after a restless/worrying night the alarm went off at 4:45. Maybe it was the 20 minute walk that I did at 5 AM. Maybe it was reading my scriptures while the kids were in Seminary from 6:15 until 7. It certainly wasn't that gourmet breakfast that I had. That was Dunkin Donuts after hitting the grocery store with two 3 yr. olds at 9:15. That's the thing about good days. I can never figure out what causes them, so I can never replicate them. Does anyone else feel like that?

It's just past lunchtime. The kids have been fed and one is asleep. I have finished my grocery shopping, made a meatloaf to put in freezer and browned two pounds of gr. beef to freeze for later use. Dinner is planned (chicken roll-ups) and I've only got two loads of laundry to do to be caught up. I'm sure that later things will be hectic again. We may have some Algebra challenges to work through and I have a meeting at Sam's school that I should probably go to, but probably won't. But for now, life is good, my house is quiet and I just may make it through the day.

So, here's to a great day! Maybe those 'happy points' are working after all.

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

I love, love, love days like that. Why don't they come along EVERY day??? We're stumbling to get through lunch right now...we've had 2 time-outs, lots of threats, one load of laundry, still need to go to the store, etc.
Enjoy your great day, they are the BEST!!
(Hopefully I'll be able to laugh about mine later...or drown my sorrows in some chocolate!)

Jenna said...

I have ONE happy point & I am not overly happy or sad. I am happy for your happiness though. Keep it up girlie!

diane said...

I wish you loads of happy days!
They are the best.
I think sometimes I don't pause to recognize the good days.

diane said...

I think you did see me in my go-go boots, back in the day.

The Family Rasheed said...

I find that I have a lot of these days, but I don't realize them until the end of the day. When all the kids are in bed, they were taken to school on time, homework done, dinner made and eaten, and the house picked up I realize that today was actually a good day. So, most days are good. I think it's all a matter of perspective. Also, I try not to expect too much out of myself which makes it way easier to have good days.