CS Lewis Quotes

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom Not My Own.....

I looked through my blog to see if I've used this one before and I couldn't find it. So, if I have used it before.....sorry......otherwise....enjoy!





“We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the tomorrow before we are required to bear it.”
John Newton







I'm generally pretty good about letting go of yesterday. I mean, it's over and done. Whatever happened, happened. I can't do anything about it now. But I am really bad when it comes to worrying about tomorrow.


Here's to taking life one day at a time!!

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

You said it perfectly...I can let go of yesterday, but tomorrow...LOOK OUT!

diane said...

Another good quote. One day of baggage is really as much as I can carry.
I'm a worrier too, but I'm getting better.