CS Lewis Quotes

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.......

Did you ever know someone and think 'how stupid can you get????'

I have this 'friend'. I will call this person 'Fred'. (Don't bother to ask, I won't tell you who it really is!) Fred has gone through some really tough times over the course of the last several years and, from my perspective, things have kind of been looking up as of late.

So, what does Fred do??? Why, complicate things again!!

Fred is one of those people. You know the kind....you see their life situation and think: 'If they would just do (fill in the blank) their life would be so much easier. They are the people who can't learn from other people's mistakes...they have to make them all, just in case it turns out differently for them. They are the ones who, if they would just slow down and relax, and THINK about what they're doing, maybe they would be able to make a decision that would NOT screw up their lives!!


I have answers for Fred, but he won't ask the questions. He won't listen to advice because he doesn't see a problem in his behavior, yet he wonders why his life is so darn hard!! He creates these situations for himself, without knowing that he is doing so. He can take the dumbest idea ever and say to himself: "Hey, what a great idea!"


I can help you, Fred. I can help you make your life easier.....pleasant, even. I love you, Fred. I wish you could see the pain that you are causing. Not just for yourself, but for those around you. I wish you would soften your heart, admit that you DON'T have all the answers, and let others help you. It's hard to sit by and watch this train wreck that you call your life. I hope that you get it together soon, and that the lessons you have to learn won't be too costly for you. I'll be here for you when it's over, though, to help you pick up the pieces. And I will always love you, no matter how many stupid choices you make. Because you are, after all, my friend.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Whew! I am glad that I didn't talk to you today so I am not wondering if it is me wrecking my life!!! ;)

The Family Rasheed said...

I know lots of "Fred's" and they exhaust me. In fact I think I can be "Fred" sometimes. It is so frustrating to look at another's life and see how they could fix it if only they wanted to. That is why I have tried really hard to only look at my own stupid choices. At least I can do something about them if I want to.

diane said...

Ummm am I fred?