CS Lewis Quotes

Friday, May 9, 2008

San Diego Temple



I went to San Diego in February and had the opportunity to go to the SD Temple with my sister, one of my brothers and my Dad. I had never been to the SD Temple before, and it was absolutely beautiful! I loved being able to go with Dad, Renn, and Kati. I had not had the opportunity to attend the temple with them in more than 20 years!! Far too long. But we live so far apart. It's not often that we can all get together. On this trip, my Dad wanted to have as many of his kids with him as possible. It took a lot of work, but we ended up with 5 out of 6. Only Mike couldn't be there, he was in NY on business that weekend. We missed him...but it was great to see everyone else. I truly can't remember the last time I was with that many of my siblings in one place.....I'm thinking maybe 30 years ago??? Anyways, here we are:

Back row, left to right, Kati, me, Dad,
Front row, left to right, Paul, Peter, Renn




Left to right: Renn, Jude, my wonderful 'step-mother', Paul, me, Peter, Dad, and Kati.

As I said, we live so far apart....Peter in California, Renn in Utah, Paul, Kati and Dad in Minnesota, and me in South Carolina. Our 'missing' brother, Mike, lives in Virginia, so we really are all over the country. More to follow........

2 comments:

Mary said...

OH OH!!! I did that!! I helped you with this post! I remember moving the pictures around! Look at that, it looks so good! And you have one spiffy family, I'm lucky your the sharing type. Like especially with those candy bars I got you for mother's day, right??

Jenna said...

Can I make another comment? Sure?!

I love the arbor over the big group picture. Scott built one over our west-facing family room in Washington. We were only there one more year to enjoy it. If it's there, it's probably swarming with grapes (& spiders) by now.