CS Lewis Quotes

Monday, May 18, 2009

Six Word Stories....Are Such Fun....


I heard about 'Six Word Stories' a while ago and I've been wanting to try it out. The premise is simple: tell a story using only 6 words.

Supposedly, sometime in the 1920's, Ernest Hemingway was challenged to write a such a story. He wrote, "For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn."


You can find out more about Six Word Stories here.


Here are some of mine:

Rode Bike, fell, bled, tried again.

Childhood. Freedom, adventures, friends, innocence, home.

Afraid of change, I stay put.

To go home again, I write.

Mom, can I? Please say no.

Free agency is much too expensive.

How did you get this number?

Once a brother, now a stranger.

Lake house. Where summer never ends.

I really had fun with this. It's almost addictive. I'm sure that you are much more creative than this....so show me what you've got!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend sent me one of these & you had to post your epitaph. Mine was AT LEAST I'LL FINALLY LOSE WEIGHT. I guess my life should definitely be more meaningful than that...

Annemarie said...

I'm not as creative as you.

There you go...that's my six word story!

diane said...

I fall down but i get up.

cool

Polly said...

Family far away, still loved, wishing.

Afraid of change, I stay put. (did that come out of my head?)

Mowing the lawn. My arms itch.

Open the door! She is four!

On the computer. What's for dinner?

Thanks for the Marigold haiku, awesome!

Robert Brault said...

Liz, I'm not sure that summing up famous movies/novels in six words is quite in the spirit of the competition, but nonetheless:

"Two rendezvous on Empire State Building"

"Belle in drapery vows new tomorrow"

"Whaling begins. Whaling ends. Wailing begins."

"Sodomites party like there's no Gomorrah"

"For sale. Marshall's badge. Slight dent"

"Murder reported. Witness sees third man."

"Travelers on a yellow brick road"

smiles,
rb

Liz said...

Thanks for playing...these are awesome!