CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Consequences.........

I'd like to introduce my 'Slave-for-a-Day'. This is Peter. Peter is my slave boy today. It's noon and so far he has cleaned 2 bathrooms, started a load of laundry, whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, and is now out in the backyard raking and killing weeds. I have not yet decided what wonders await him after lunch.

What, you may ask, did Peter do to deserve this? Let me tell you......

Yesterday morning as Peter sat in his Geometry class he grew restless. Class was only half over, he was bored, he was hot, he was thirsty. (He could have been doing his classwork, but what's the fun in that?)

Peter decided that he needed some fresh air. So, without asking anyone, or saying anything, he just stood up and walked out of class. Now, if you've been in a high school recently, you'll know that there really isn't much fresh air in the hallways. So, Peter not only left class, he left the building. He was going to go right back in. He was sure he wouldn't be missed. Unfortunately for Peter, the door locked behind him and he was now locked out of the school. This meant that he had to walk all the way around the school and come back in the front door.

When you come in the front door of his school, it leads you directly to the Front Office so that people can check in when they are late to school. So, Peter walks in to the Front Office and the lady behind the desk asks him what he's doing. He explained to her that he had just left class for a minute. He just needed some fresh air. She was not very understanding. And neither was his Geometry teacher when the lady called him to tell him that Peter was now in the office. (He thought that Peter had just gone to the restroom, and would be right back.)

Which is why I got a phone call from an Assistant Administrator yesterday morning telling me that Peter would be suspended today for: skipping class, disrupting class, and leaving the building without permission.

And that's how I got my Slave-for-a-Day.

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

Send him over when you're done with him. I have a few jobs around here, too!

diane said...

There are no halls at my kids school. It is weird. It is an outdoor campus so all halls and lunch areas are outside. Maybe it's because of all the fresh air she gets that she has never left campus...that I know anyway.

Your slave is cute.

Jenna said...

I have an eight-inch deep hole that needs to be dug for a patio in the backyard!!! Hopefully he can go back to school tomorrow.

Jenna said...

Cute picture!!!!!

Travelin'Oma said...

I loved it when my kids were in trouble. So much got done! When our nest was REALLY empty we had to move. There was nobody left to delegate the work to!