CS Lewis Quotes

Friday, February 6, 2009

My Answer: The Lake House.......

50 People, 1 Question.......an interesting idea and an even more interesting video. My answer to the question is 'The Lake House', and thinking about it almost brought me to tears. For those of you who have known me more than 25 years or so, the answer will make perfect sense. What's your answer?



(*Disclaimer: I found this video on the blog of my niece's daughter. Since very few of you read that blog and this one, I thought it was safe to post it here as well. I hope you don't mind, Becky. If you do, I'm sorry, and promise never to do it again.)

2 comments:

Polly said...

You and I will be waking up in the same place then. The Lake House is my happy place. I go there when I am really stressed out. I run down the dock and feel the heat burning my toes and I dive into the water with the weeds just skimming my arms and legs as I swim to the floating dock. When I climb out onto the dock I need to strategically place myself so I can lay down with out the metal strips on the dock burning my shoulders. If I really concentrate I can feel the heat of the sun and the sway of the dock and I really feel peace. I hope that is what heaven brings the Patch's.

Anonymous said...

I always hated waking up on Saturday mornings to the sound of Mom vacuuming. She'd approach my room and enter, vacuuming, as I'd dive under the covers trying to ignore the intrusion. She'd eventually finish and leave, closing the door behind her and continue vacuuming on her way.

As I look back now, I can never remember feeling more safe and secure - and loved. Okay, I know food is love, but so is vacuuming.

If ever I find myself approaching the "white light" I hope I come out of the tunnel hearing the sound of vacuuming...