CS Lewis Quotes

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

For Mary.....



Mary has been job searching again. She found what has been called "The Best Job in the World". She immediately began researching the job and has put in an application. Now, she needs your help. If her video gets rated high enough, it will bump her up higher on the list of applicants and give her a better shot at the job. I'm posting this e-mail that she sent out, and I'm hoping that my blogging friends can help by forwarding it on or posting about it to help spread the word. Please help my girl get this job. Then I can go to Australia and visit her! (You can come, too!) Here you go:



Hey all! This is Mary Armbruster! Your friendly neighborhood . . . friend?

I usually don't send out a mass e-mail. And this doesn't reaaally count seeing as I picked out the people I know and could trust to help me out. I mean, that's what e-mail is for, right? Keeping in touch with friends so that you can have their backs wheneva? True story!

So- On to the reason I'm e-mailing you all.

I applied for a job awhile ago. It's a job that I applied for in Queensland, Australia. I've told some of you about it. For those who I haven't told:

Queensland Tourism is trying to increase. . . well, Tourism to Queensland! So in order to do that, one of their marketing agencies (most likely) has come up with a way to do just that!
They're offering a job. This job is being called the best job in the world. The successful applicant will go to Hamilton Island (which is in the Great Barrier Reef- think finding nemo) for a total of 6 months.


The island caretaker (job title) will be responsible for feeding fish, getting mail, being a spokesperson for the island, and recording their experiences. The Caretaker will take pictures of their adventures scuba diving, snorkeling, and pretty much just being a tourist on the island and blog about it!

I sent in a video to the site on Monday, January 19th, and just got an e-mail back from them today with a link to my video!

So what I'd love for you all to do is help me to get this job by voting my video 5/5 stars! I do honestly believe that I am the perfect person for this job, and would love the experience. I know I can count on all of you to help me out! I know there are plenty of times we've each helped each-other out. And I apologize if this e-mail isn't exactly close and personal like I know you all deserve. But I'd really appreciate all of your co-operation for this thing! Because I beleive that I actually might have a chance with this!

Here's the link to the site. Just click on the link and watch my video! If you think I deserve it, cick on the fifth star to give it a good rating!

http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/MW0k5w29kzE

Thanks guys! I appreciate your time and your friendship!

Sincerely,

Mary Armbruster.

(p.s.- Hahaha, wow. This is the most excited e-mail I've ever written. Look at all those exclamation marks. Hee hee, overdone? Maybe. But exclamation marks look cool. They're my favorite of all the punctuation marks. Don't be jealous question marks.)

(p.p.s.- haha pp. Also- sent it twice because the first time, there was no subject or link to the video, so I apologize for any inconvenience!)

So, there you have it......Mary's e-mail. Please check it out and give her a '5 Star' rating!! The girl needs a job, and how cool would it be to have this job on a resume!! W-A-Y cool, I think!!

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

Done!

Oh...and my FAVORITE Michael Buble song is playing right now!

diane said...

I voted. Good luck Mary. What an adventure that would be.

Mary said...

Thanks guys for your support and votes! And thanks mom for this blog post about me! I'm glad you're always willing to help me out! Thanks again!

Polly said...

My daughter Mary heard about this job at school and came home all excited to have Becky apply, I just blew her off. I guess I shouldn't have sounds awesome!
Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Mary, you're as good as hired!