CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day 2008


Happy Thanksgiving to all! Here is a poem I just made up in honor of Thanksgiving....(keep in mind I've been up since 6 AM)

Thankful....

I'm thankful for friends, old and new
Yes, this means you, and you, and you.

I'm thankful for memories of days of old
Of summers hot and winters cold.

I'm thankful for family far and near
(To those who are far, I wish you were here)

I'm thankful for sons and daughters, too
for parents and brothers and a sister true.

For friends who gather to share our feast
for turkey and stuffing and three pies at least!

Thankful for all that's been given to me,
I'm thankful, yes, thankful, as I can be!


I know it's not much, but remember, I'm sleep deprived! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

In reply to your little poem,
I'll post a response far from home -

I am thankful for you too
There are many many things you do.

OK... time to go find pie but I am really glad that we're friends!!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I thought this was you!! How are you?! I hope you're well out there, but I hear you're moving again. :) Hope everything is great in the happy Armbruster home! Byes.

MARCIE said...

Very nice poem Liz!