CS Lewis Quotes

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The frog of liberty and justice.....


Today, Sirius was demonstrating how they say the Pledge of Allegiance in school. He had a small American flag that he held up in his left hand while he placed his right hand over his heart. Then he recited the pledge.....

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, With Liberty and Justice frog."

I asked him about that last part, and he assured me that's the way they say it in school. I must have missed that memo.....

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

Hilarious and priceless!

diane said...

Oh he is precious.

This reminds of when my son was small and reciting the ABC's said "W X, Hawaiian Z."

I love that little kid stuff.

Jenna said...

What a perfect picture for a perfect quote!

Susan said...

I just love children's ways of thinking!