CS Lewis Quotes

Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Morning After......

Here is the carnage that we woke up to the morning after Halloween. My grandchildren and the other kids in the neighborhood were devestated by the destruction of their pumpkins that they had carved. They were proud of their creative carvings that they had worked so hard on. After seeing the mess in the street, Sabian, age 3, said: "I'm mad at somebody!!" Sirius, age 5, said: "We call those people bullies." Claire, the 5 year old from next door, just cried and cried. I would like to thank the vandals for this amazing display of thoughtlessness. You have made a huge impression on my grandchildren. They have now felt the pain of having their personal property destroyed and as such, I am fairly certain the they will NEVER feel inclined to cause that pain to others.

Here is a 'before' picture, taken Halloween night.

4 comments:

Julia Roberts said...

I am so sorry to hear about what happened...I think it is just aweful that someone would do that.

I hope the boys had a great Halloween (despite the morning after).

Annemarie said...

That stinks. That's happened to us before and it really ruins things for the kids. So, so sorry for you & those cute, nice little boys.

diane said...

Stupid bullies!

Love the before picture. Your red door is cool.

Jenna said...

That is really sad. I even recognize a few of those pumpkins.