CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pet Peeves......

I have a lot of 'pet peeves'. I'm sure most of us do.



One of mine is laundry. Now, I don't mind doing laundry. In fact, it's one of the mundane household chores that I almost enjoy doing. (shhhhh, don't tell anyone!)



It's very satisfying to see a pile of dirty laundry transformed into clean, folded, hanging clothes. I get a real sense of accomplishment from that (hey, I have to take what I can get around here! Sometimes a clean folded pile of clothes is the only productive thing I can do in a day.)



But the thing I hate, no, abhor, is washing CLEAN laundry. You know what I'm talking about.......the kids don't put their clothes away, then the clean ones get mixed in with the dirty ones and the next thing you know you're sorting through a basket of laundry and finding folded shirts and matched socks!! But you have to wash them again, because they've been sitting in with the work out clothes from wrestling practice or the wet, muddy clothes from the campout and everything smells like a campfire! I mean, really, I must do about a dozen loads of laundry a week, I really don't need more of it to do!



So, there you have it. My first (of probably many!) post about 'Pet Peeves'. Feel free to share some of yours!

4 comments:

diane said...

My biggest pet peeve right now is having strangers in my house. Yesterday it was the electrician, today it was the inspector and contractor. I'm over it. I want my privacy back.

Anonymous said...

I dont mind doing laundry esp if I get to watch tv while I fold... BUT I hate putting everything away! the drawers are already full and everything gets smashed and wrinkled! ugh and I HATE to iron
xo j

Susan said...

LOL! One of the reasons I taught the boys at 12 to do their own laundry. I had enough other stuff to do!

Added to your part of Marcie's story and posted all three on my desertskyquilts.livejournal.com blog.

cornnut32 said...

i absolutely detest doing laundry.

my baby isn't old enough to put clean clothes in the laundry, and my hubby doesnt (thank goodness!) but i remember my mom getting so mad at me and my siblings for doing that growing up.