CS Lewis Quotes

Monday, August 3, 2009

Eagle Scout Court of Honor.....

I know that I've already posted about Sam and Peter becoming Eagle Scouts, but they just had their Eagle Court of Honor on July 18th (right before our vacation) so I thought I'd better write about that, too.

It was an awesome program. Our new scoutmaster, Russ Jones, conducted. The 11 year old Scouts did the flag ceremony. Reuben Aiton and Bishop Terry both spoke. We had an Eagle's nest that had about a dozen men/young men in it. Scott Smith gave the Eagle Charge, and Tapie Rohm shared a story. It was a night full of memories for Sam and Peter. Memories of campouts past, adventures shared, and friendships formed. I am so proud of my boys and know that this accomplishment will stay with them throughout their lives.

Congratulations, boys!! I love you!


3 comments:

Jenna said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! We are sorry that we had to miss it.

Annemarie said...

Congratulations to both boys and to you for backing them. They will never regret it. I hope that is my boys in a few years!

Peter said...

Props to the Eagles!