CS Lewis Quotes

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hostage Situation......

I am currently involved in a hostage situation. I have been sent the ransom note. The demands have been made. But I don't do well with hostage type demands. So I don't think I'll be playing their game. There will be no pay-off. Here is what is being held hostage:



These are Peter and Sam's senior pictures. There are several other poses as well, and in all of them my boys are handsome, adorable, cute and charming. I would love to have them all!!





The hostage demands are as follows:

The 'If-you-really-love-your-child-and-want-enough-pictures-to-share-with-everyone-they've-ever-met-including-the-mailman' package is $575.00.

The Senior Special: 'yes-your-kid-is-cute-but-we'll-only-give-you-enough-decent-sized-pics-for-close-family-members-and-enough-wallet-pics-to-choke-a-horse' is only $395. It includes 80 wallet sized pics and a 'wallet box' to keep the 70 or so that will never be given out.

The 'you-must-not-like-your-child-very-much-we-have-people-spend-more-money-than-this-on-pictures-of-their-dogs' is a mere $150. This includes 2-5x7's, 4-4x5's and 24 wallets, all of one pose.

If you choose not to buy a package, you can always choose to buy the pictures 'ala carte' where you pay $38 for 8 wallets or $54 for an 8x10.

There are several other packages to choose from, but the cheapest one is $150. Do you know how many groceries I can buy for $150???!!

So......I will not be buying senior pictures. Sorry, boys, but I love you SO MUCH that I'd rather feed you than bend to the mafia-like demands of Lifetouch Photography. (And who did THEY pay off for this monopoly they have on school pictures?? We really need another player in this game!)

And for those who were hoping to get senior pictures of my boys.....take a good look at the pics I've posted, because that's as close as you're gonna get!

Sorry, Mr. Postman, I hope you'll still bring me my mail!

5 comments:

Annemarie said...

That is INSANE. They are cute boys and those are great pics...but that is INSANE.

Jenna said...

Those prices are absolutely insane!!! Who can afford that??? I like the place by PF Chang's.

Peter said...

Since Peter shaved his head, these pics are no longer representative -you should demand a re-shoot (and not buy those either)!

diane said...

It is the biggest rip-off, scam around. I will be buying one 8x10 and then Tom will be taking some pictures of Brynn at a local park to send out with her announcements. I have to buy the one picture because I have to have the matching set of all my kids. It makes me so mad!

Annette said...

My son is also a senior and had his senior photos taken by the same company and I was also in shock when I saw how much they cost for the amount of photos. But they must have known that I have an obesssion with photos and know that these might be the last photos of my son that we have taken as he ships out in June for the Marines. I got a loan. I did, a loan to pay for some of his senior stuff including the $395 pkg. However, his grandparents paid for their own photos out of that package that they wanted. I wanted a pkg that had the CD of the photo session but upon receiving it you realize that while the look good on your computer the resolution is so low you cannot print them- its a rip off, but they were so good and I am weak when it comes to photos of my kids- in two more years Ill have yet another senior!!