CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ho, Ho, Ho....Merry Christmas!

Okay, I realize that it's only August, but haven't you ever heard of 'Christmas in August'? We lived in a ward once that used to have a huge Christmas Homemaking (Enrichment) Activity every summer. We would have classes on different crafts, cooking, etc., all while listening to the sounds of the season! It was great fun, I miss it!

Other than that reminder, I have two people who have made me think about Christmas already.....one is a friend (Diane) who has a boy on a mission and therefore can't wait for Christmas to come to recieve her phone call from her missionary. The other is my SIL, Marcie, who quilts like crazy and already has a Christmas project on her website to encourage all of us slackers to get busy, after all, Christmas is right around the corner!! (See her sidebar, it's a really cute project, and the pattern is FREE!)

That being said......I'm sending out my Christmas request early this year in order to give you all plenty of time. I know that there are those of you out there who make things to give for Christmas gifts. One year my sister was into making 'quillows' and made one for each of my kids. Another year, Marcie (the aforementioned SIL) was going crazy making Christmas Baby Quilts. It happened to be the year that Jacob was born (4 days before Christmas) and the lucky boy scored two of her adorable Christmas quilts!! (He is now 22 and often stumbles out of his room in the morning for family prayer with one of the quilts wrapped around his shoulders!)

So, for those of you who like to make things for Christmas in bulk to give to friends and family, put me on your list! It doesn't matter if it's cookies, brownies, a mix in a jar, quilts, blankets, pillows, whatever, just add me to the list. I realize that this is a shameless request, but really I'm just not very creative and am simply too lazy to enjoy the fruits of my labor and would love to instead enjoy the fruits of your labor! I know that I have many talented and creative friends and I can't wait to see what you come up with! Remember, start your projects early......Christmas is right around the corner!!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

In the olden days I used to be one of those "only homemade" people. Now I'm thinking that if people get a gift, then I've done great.

Funny, I was just thinking about 15" AGO that it would be cool to make aprons for Christmas. If I really do it, you will get the first one.

Anonymous said...

You are a big chicken (maybe a wise chicken)

MARCIE said...

I forgot that I made Jacob a Christmas quilt. What does it look like? So glad that he uses it. Why DOES he use It?