CS Lewis Quotes

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hello, Me!!

An exclusive interview with ME!

Well, hello, Me!! Where have you been? Up to your ears in kids? And now they're off to school? Well, welcome back, I've missed you!! So what are you doing with all your free time? Enjoying the quiet house? Cleaning the livingroom and loving how it stays clean longer that 20 minutes? Thinking about reading a book--how indulgent and self-serving!! Maybe a nap?? What are you thinking? What if someone needs you? That's right, they're gone!! You're putting on some music? What about Spongebob and Patrick? Who needs them, you say?? Michael Buble?! More indulgence!! Where will it end!!

Don't you just LOVE the first day of school!!

6 comments:

Mary said...

I hate the first days. I had such a hard time finding a class that I didn't even like! Maybe you love having us all out of the house, but that doesn't mean that we don't all hate being out of it.

Jenna said...

At the risk of sounding like I don't love my children, I LOVE THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!! Quiet, peaceful lunch in front of the t.v. (where we don't eat in the family room!!!) Lovely. An hour at Target without someone saying, "That's not on the list!" Buying one soda instead of four. Love it!

Polly said...

yeah for Liz! I can't wait, one more week for us Missoulan's and school starts. I think we are Missoulan's now? Of course I will still have Kathryn at home keeping me hopping but it will still be a lot quieter and way easier to keep clean. My messiest kid is my husband and he is going back to school next week too!!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! Kevin came back home so I haven't had an "alone" day yet. Maybe tomorrow. My husband is even out of town (Oh wait--so is yours) We should definately do lunch.

diane said...

I wish we could go to brunch! Enjoy your free time.

The Family Rasheed said...

sweet bliss!!!!