CS Lewis Quotes

Friday, June 12, 2009

A Letter to Laura.....


This is my daughter, Laura. She is 25!!! today. Laura is my most independent child. She is strong and vibrant, smart and sassy, lovely and loving.

In honor of her birthday, I decided to write her a letter:

Dear Laura,

Thank you.......for 25 awesome years.

Thanks for the countless soccer games....in the rain, snow, stifling heat of a Georgia summer......I miss those days.

Thanks for the adventure of watching you grow...from a willfull wild child to a tough look-out-world-here-she-comes teenager to the lovely young woman that you are today.

Thanks for the memories that come flooding back when I think of your growing up years.....I know that we had our challenges, but looking back all I can remember are the good times. And there are plenty of those to remember!!

Thanks for being an awesome daughter. I am proud to be your mom and be able to claim you as my own. I love you, my dear, and I hope you have an AWESOME birthday!!

Love Always,
Mom

2 comments:

Annemarie said...

Happy Birthday to your cute daughter!

diane said...

Laura is beautiful and it is no surprise because she looks exactly like her mom.

It is weird to look at her picture because this is how I always think of you.