CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Double Standard???

So, maybe I'm a little more accomodating when it comes to my grandkids......

Sirius and Sabian were over for a couple of days. When I was preparing dinner, Sirius asked if he could have chicken noodle soup instead because he didn't like what we were having. Then Sabian asked if he could have a sandwich instead...

My son, Jacob: "No way, this is what's for dinner, you eat this or you eat nothing!"

Me: "Of course you can!"

Not only did they get what they wanted for dinner, but I stood at the kitchen counter picking the celery bits out of Sirius's soup.....

What can I say? It's a grandmother's job to make sure those kids are happy!! And how could I say no to those two!



Sabian (left) is 4 years old. Sirius (right) is almost 6 years old.

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

It's your duty as Grandma to give them whatever they want! Well done.

Jenna said...

Too cute! I was visiting teaching the other day & the VT-ee gave the kids whatever they asked for without having to consult the mother. It was her grandmother-ly privilege!!!

Travelin'Oma said...

I'm a totally different person as a grandmother. I wasn't all that much fun as a mom at dinnertime!

MARCIE said...

It is always so funny to me that the older kids want the younger kids to behave differently than they did. Grandkids always get special treatment!