CS Lewis Quotes

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Going Bananas......


I have been dying for banana bread lately (no nuts, thank you). To that end, I have been buying bananas. I have bought dozens of bananas over the last few weeks in the hopes that some of them would go bad and I would be forced to smash them and bake them into bread, but my darn kids keep eating them!! How am I supposed to make banana bread if my kids keep eating the bananas!!

I can't very well tell them NOT to eat the bananas....after all, they're good for you, what with the potassium and all. And, really, isn't it better for them to be eating bananas than cookies or ice cream?

So, here I sit, with my banana bread cravings unfulfilled. Maybe I'll just hide the next bunch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Banana Fo Fanna (How doe it go?)

Annemarie said...

If only we lived closer...I'd bring you some. It is the only thing I bake that I don't enjoy eating.

diane said...

Please hide them. Does banana bread travel well. If so, I'll be waiting. I'm low in potassium. Why is it I love banana bread and hate bananas? I hate the mooshy texture of the original fruit.

The Family Rasheed said...

I'm with Diane, loving the bread (not nuts), hating the bannana! Eventually they will grow tired of bannanas, right?