CS Lewis Quotes

Friday, January 23, 2009

My Big Brother.....

This is a picture of my brother, Renn, and his wife, Deanne. He has just been called to serve as a Mission President. Basically, this means that he and his wife will spend three years being in charge of a particular region of the world and the LDS missionaries that serve in that region. He has no idea where he will be serving, only that it will be an English speaking mission. That really leaves the field wide open. He could end up somewhere in the USA, Canada, Europe, or on some remote island in the middle of the Pacific. They find out where they will be going sometime in February and they leave to serve sometime in July.

Having grown up with Renn, it's sometimes hard to reconcile the boy he was with the man he has become. I have to say, he lived life a little on the wild side when he was a teenager. (not as much as my brother, Paul, did, mind you, but let's just say he's probably got some stories to tell!) All in all, though, he turned out to be a pretty awesome guy. I don't know that I've ever told him, but I'm proud of who he is, the man he has become, and I'm glad that I am lucky enough to call him my brother.

Way to go, Renn. I hope that you and Deanne find true joy in service, grow closer to our Heavenly Father, and have a grand adventure!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

What an exciting adventure they have in store!!!

Annemarie said...

Very, very cool. There will be some lucky missionaries!

diane said...

What wonderful news. I can't wait to hear where they will go. I'll be looking for their picture in the Church News.

Polly said...

Obviously this is the first I've heard of this, thanks for keeping me informed on our family! What a nice picture, Renn and my dad sure look a lot alike. I'm excited to hear where they go and excited for them!

Anonymous said...

Oh Great. Yet another reason to feel inferior. Pround as punch!